Bastrykin instructed to evaluate reports of killings of residents of Bucha

The head of the Investigative Committee instructed the central office to analyze reports of the killings of civilians in Bucha, as well as to assess the actions of the Ukrainian authorities on the article on discrediting the Russian Armed Forces *

The Central Office of the Investigative Committee will analyze information about the massacres of civilians in Bucha, Kiev region, on behalf of the chairman Alexander Bastrykin, the agency reported on the website.

“In order to discredit the Russian military personnel, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine distributed through the Western media video recordings filmed in the city of Bucha, Kiev region, as evidence of the mass destruction of civilians,” — the report says.

Materials about the crimes of the Russian military do not correspond to reality and are provocative, the Investigative Committee is sure with reference to the statement of the Ministry of Defense.

The head of the department instructed to “expose” of all those involved in the dissemination of data about the murders of the inhabitants of Bucha and assess their actions under the article on the public dissemination of deliberately false information about the use of the Russian Armed Forces (Article 207.3 of the Criminal Code).

On the bodies of people on the streets of the city of Bucha in the Kiev region on April 1, Secretary of the Buchansk city council Taras Shapravsky announced in a video message. He asked local residents not to approach the corpses, as they could be mined, and urged them not to return to the city yet because of the dangerous situation and sabotage groups. A published video from the city of Bucha (from which Russian troops had previously withdrawn), according to Ukrainian authorities and Western media, shows civilian casualties. On April 3, the media (including Reuters and AFP), as well as the footage from Bucha, published by the Ukrainian authorities, shows corpses. Reuters reported that they were dead civilians. The mayor of the city, Anatoly Fedoruk, told AFP that the people in the photo were shot dead. According to him, another 280 people are buried in mass graves.

UN Secretary General António Guterres called for an independent investigation of what happened in Bucha.

The Russian Defense Ministry said that the Russian military was not involved in the killings of the civilian population of Bucha, and the published materials are a provocation. The agency indicated that all units of the Russian Armed Forces left the city on March 30. “Not a single civilian was hurt,” & mdash; said the department.

Russia demanded to convene a meeting of the UN Security Council on April 4 because of the “blatant provocation of Ukrainian radicals in Bucha”. Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said Kyiv wants to derail peace talks and escalate violence.

She pointed out that politicians began blaming Russia for the killings after watching several photos and a minute-long video. They made statements in the first minutes of the appearance of materials, which, according to her, leaves no doubt “who ordered this story.”

Subscribe to RuTube RBC Live broadcasts, videos and recordings broadcasts on our RuTube channel

Источник rbc.ru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *